• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Oops!

Ciren

We had little accident last night, i thought we might as neighbour gave us her dog's old bed. she said it had been in the washing machine but i wondered as i was dropping off if she meant before she gave it to me.
aaaanyway i know all accidents need to be cleaned up with a non smelling product and no ammonioa etc, but what about in the machine. should i use powder and softner?

The only time Toby wees on his bed is when i wash it. I pressume he wants his smell on it. When this happened the first few times i was horrified(well not horrified but dont know what word to use) but now i know he is going to do it and just go with it. I know its only that once after washing and the rest of the times inbetween he never does.

I would get rid of the bed. When Dylan was going through puberty he marked a few times in the house, once on the curtains. Now I'm all for washing with bio liquid and using the enzyme sprays but he will still sniff those curtains, I don't believe they get 100% of the sent out. And, seeing as this bed will smell of your neighbours dog, even after you wash it, I'd get rid.

Washing with non-scented cleaners won't make any difference. You either need to use biological washing powder or an enzymatic cleaner designed for cleaning up pet accidents -- I just throw about 1/4th a up in the wash along with the washing powder. You can use vinegar too though it will make items smell like vinegar.

Back