• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Formosan Mountain Dog -

cosmic81

i bet you've never seen these before!
These are native dogs to my country. These silly photo i took of them couple years ago really dont do them just. they are very handsome dogs.
They are very intelligent but can be ferocious if not properly trained.
One guy offered my dad $20000 to purchase Brave as a stud dog but my dad declined. My dad said he will not sell his child. My dad said he wants to ship one over to protect me!

i will be visiting them in a couple of weeks!

My dad's favorite dog in the wholewide world. Also my first dog.
flower/Leopard
flower.jpg

her notorious twin
Brave
brave.jpg

Lucky
lucky.jpg

flower getting sunbath
coolflower.jpg

fyi:The Formosan Mountain Dog, commonly referred to as simply Formosan, and also known as Taiwan Dog or Taiwan Native Dog is a breed of dog indigenous to Taiwan. Formosans are further classified into Taiya, Bunon, and Plain based on various physical characteristics Originally kept by aboriginal Taiwanese as hunting dogs, purebred Formosans are extremely rare, so much so that one dog breeder in Taiwan named Chen Ming-nan spent 10 years to find four dogs suitable for breeding.

No, I hadn't ever heard of this breed. I am glad you shared your story and pictures. I love learning new things! Have a great trip visiting with your family. Please let us know if you decide to add a Formosan to your home. I wonder what Ching Ching and Nemo would think of a big dog living with them. :)

the breed is pending approval to become an official breed internationally. (8~10 year evaluation process!)

I will have to ask my brave little nemo to protect me for now:eek:
These are tough/strong dogs. my chingmo will not last..
you need someone like Ceaser Milian for the twin boys.
They need very strict discipline.

Thanks so much for the pictures and the details --very interesting! I love that last picture -- how cute is that? :)

Super pics, well they say you learn something new each day and l just did, they're beautiful dogs l hadn't heard of these before :)

Wow! Very interesting. I am amazed at how many breeds there are out there that I have never seen or heard of. Love the pics!

Back