• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It's going to be a LONG day......

jld

Well, I just dropped Dixie off at the vet's for her spay.....I was so sad leaving her there. It is going to be the longest day until I hear that her surgery is over and she is fine. I will be so glad when it is over and she is back home..... Judy and Dixie

:hug: :hug: thoughts and prayers with you today. She will be just fine. Try, if possible, to keep yourself very busy so you don't have as much time to worry about Dixie.

My vet gave me some advice when I put my Yorkie in to spay, she said, "Go shopping!" That'll pass some time.

Try to keep busy like Tanya said. :hug: :hug:

Last edited:
Yip keeping busy is the key. Holly was spayed a couple of months ago now and i just kept busy... done housework... even tried to sleep for a bit as I figured it would help time pass quicker :rolleyes:

I would keep busy too.
When Lucie got speyed me and the hubby went for a drive in the car for a bit then went and bought a nice new comfy bed for Lucie....and a toy.

Well, I took everyone's advice and went shopping. Spent a few dollars and killed a few hours. On the way home, Dixiie's doctor called and said the surgery was over and she was waking up. Yea, I can breathe a little easier. It is about 12:25 Texas time and he said I can pick her up around 3:30. I have a nice, soft onesie and her bed all ready for her. She will get lots of cuddles and kisses when she comes home. I am SOOOOO relieved it is over. She was also microchipped, nails trimmed, and anal glands expressed, so she ought to be good to go.....thanks everyone for the advice and thoughts. Judy and Dixie

Glad to hear she's doing well. I remember when I took my cat in to get fixed the older cat was sooo lost with out him that when I was trying to do step aerobics he climb on my step and refused to move. So much for the exercise keeping my mind busy.

Can't wait to see onesie pictures!

Nina was spayed almost 2 weeks ago, she was out of it the first night, gave her a little food, and the next day she was much better. Now she's great again. She never even bothered her stitches at all so I didn't need anything like a onesie.

Back