• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

like a tear? any ideas!??

vivitig

Yesterday i saw this lump under the eye of Phivos (i hope this is the right word). It's soft, and i didnt see any fluid coming out when i pressured it.I've never seen anything like that before. Any ideas would be really appreciated!!
2566395131_820009edc7.jpg

Toby had something like this just above his eye in the brown eyebrow area last week. We noticed it after we had got back from a walk.
I popped him into the vet and the nurse gave one look and said it was a tick.
Quick as a flash, she grabbed it, twisted and pulled it off together with some fur!!!
I have now bought a little gadget that gets them off easily..... and painlessly.
I think I would let the vet take a look.

Thank you all!!! I hope it's not dangerous!!!:eek: I'm going to the vet to have it removed in the afternoon.

Thanks again!

engorged_ticks-2.jpg

The common dog tick can range in size from very small, but clearly visible, to quite large. Then when they're engorged, they blow up like a big greyish/greenish blob. Two engorged dog ticks. The one on the bottom is on its back.
i found this online. so maybe its a "Dog Tick"

ETA:
omg i found a website with more info on the Dog Tick:
http://www.borislavdopudja.net/en/writings/ticks/

make sure that thing doesnt fall off in your home or it will hatch a few hundred eggs!

Last edited:
It looks very much like a tick. Be careful how you remove it (They have to be twisted and you can buy a special tool ), as removing just the body and leaving the head can lead to a nasty infection. Personally , I'd go to the vets and , if there's a nurse on reception, she'll probably remove it free of charge.

Wow it sure does look like a tick. Here in Au we have the deadly paralysis tick. I've got this tiny little plastic thing that looks like a wrecking bar. You slide the slitted end under between the tick & the dog's skin & twirl it around slowly. It makes the tick let go & you can remove it, head & all.

Man I hate ticks.

Back