• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fancy dog, ha!

nicoles94

This afternoon I was walking Tybalt around the neighborhood and one of my neighbors who was out working in her flower bed came over to see Tybalt and to pet him.

She asked me what kind of dog he was and I told her he was a Cavalier and she said "Oh! That's the dog Charlotte had on Sex and the City. That's a fancy dog!"

I laughed and told her if she had seen Tybalt earlier digging in the mud and getting so dirty he needed a bath she wouldn't have thought him a fancy dog then.

Everyone in this area has either a lab or a golden so I guess the sight of a little pup like Tybalt is something different.

That's funny...I was walking Miles tonight and I heard 2 girls whisper "Oh, that's the Sex and the City dog" :lol: I was actually impressed that they recognized him as a Cavalier since he's a ruby, not a blenheim...we don't have many Cavaliers where I live...

That is funny. We don't have very many Cavalier's in Mississippi either and I'm always asked "what kind of dog is that?" But I recently was asked if the reason I got a Cavalier was because Charlotte had one...at first I didn't know who they were talking about but then they said from sex and the city. I never really watched the show so I didn't know that there was one on there.

p.s. i watched denise richards new show on E! and she has a few cavaliers.

Last edited:
I still have yet to see any of the eposides with the cavalier in them. :(

We ended up at an outdoor thing going on at our lake front called Pirate fest and I was shocked at how many people asked if he was a cavalier. Seem like the name is popular but owning the breed isn't.

That is funny. We don't have very many Cavalier's in Mississippi either and I'm always asked "what kind of dog is that?" But I recently was asked if the reason I got a Cavalier was because Charlotte had one...at first I didn't know who they were talking about but then they said from sex and the city. I never really watched the show so I didn't know that there was one on there.

p.s. i watched denise richards new show on E! and she has a few cavaliers.

I just saw somewhere, that the pet store Denise gets her puppies from buys from puppy mills. The Human Society has a couple videos up of the store. Paris Hilton and Britney Spears also shop there. Bel Air Pets or something.

I still have yet to see any of the eposides with the cavalier in them. :(

We ended up at an outdoor thing going on at our lake front called Pirate fest and I was shocked at how many people asked if he was a cavalier. Seem like the name is popular but owning the breed isn't.

Elizabeth Taylor, Charlottes cavalier, was in a quite a few episodes near the end of the shows run.

I just hope that because cavaliers are 'hot' in Sex and the City it doesnt make them the 'in thing', the puppy farmers/mills will be rubbing their hands and see £$ signs. NOT GOOD:(

I just hope that because cavaliers are 'hot' in Sex and the City it doesnt make them the 'in thing', the puppy farmers/mills will be rubbing their hands and see £$ signs. NOT GOOD:(

It might very well, as the little Cav is also in the Sex and the City movie.

That's sad about her dogs coming from a puppy mill...i thought i noticed her blenhiem limping in the shot of it that i saw...she sure has a lot of animals.

Sex and the City was what first turned me on to Cavaliers and I do think that must have something to do with them becoming so popular in the past few years, especially in the States.

Back