• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Irish folks: Fun day at Malahide Castle

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
This is a family fun day on Sunday afternoon. Dog Training Ireland will be there demonstrating agility and I will be there with Jaspar for the demonstration, and probably will have Lucy along as well (relaxing in a crate, not doing agility!). If anyone wants to have a look at what agility is like, come along and you can get info on courses from DTI too. There's a farmer's market, stuff for kids, etc.

Venue – Malahide Castle, entrance on right after cricket club (before train tracks on the way into malahide) It’s the Dublin – Malahide Road

WHat fun! I'd love to go, but unfortunately Cork is just a bit too far. :( Ah well. Hope all of you who do make it have an excellent time. Karlin, I'm sure Jaspar will be the star of the show!

Last edited:
The agility runs all afternoon starting at 1, when I think the show opens? I think we are doing it like a regular class so there should be 10-15 dogs. Hopefully it won't rain the whole time!! Jaspar will enjoy it though. :)

We are officially exhausted! It was a lovely day and the weather held; we had about 10 dogs doing a fairly large course so Jaspar got lots and lots and lots of tries, especially as at the end after we had finished, a few people at various times came up and asked if they could see a dog do the course and Jaspar obliged. He is so darn fast and just loves running a course. Anything he misses, it is always because I mess up on clearly signalling him. I think we will both be ready for an early bedtime -- it is great exercise doing all that running! We got to see Claire L, Derry and Minnie and Cara too. :jmp:

I hope Dog Training Ireland do some more of the summer Fun Fairs around Dublin as it was a great opportunity for the dogs much less the owners and the families all really enjoy watching, both adults and kids. There was one beagle, Hector who had other ideas about almost all the pieces of equipment -- but his owner went over the jumps instead! :lol: It was nice to have such a mix of dogs, large a small, mixes and breeds.

I'm really glad that I was able to get out today to see all the dogs in action. Jaspar is like a tornado going round the course and an absolute joy to watch. I'm definitely going to start Minnie in obedience and then agility - it's just sooo much fun to watch and I guess, even better to participate.
I also bought sensible harnesses for both girls today and they are so easy to put on :rah:

Back