Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: tips for living with SM

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    Iīve a 3 year old bitch with SM (MRI-scanned). She is having garbaphentin 3 times a day. We found out that itīs important, that she gets it every about 8 hours. Because of the limited possibilities to get the right dose (3* 100 mg/day) - the pills in Denmark is only comming in 600 mg/pill, she is having 1/4 pill 3*/day (= 150 mg *3/day. She is also given a small dose of Furix every morning. She is a happy dog, and seems to have no sideeffects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hot Weather Warning

I thought it a good idea to mention that the building high temperatures/humidity forecast to start coming in today might well affect our SM/CM symptomatic dogs. Rebel has already showed signs of distress so I am increasing his medications all round and turning on the fans everywhere in the house. The patio doors to the garden are constantly open until I go to bed and there is a fan on max. beside his bedtime crate so that he is constantly in a swathe of cooler air.

Anyone in any doubt about the maximum dose of prescribed drugs should speak to their vet or neurologist for recommendations.

For what it's worth, I think any kind of stress is likely to trigger my boy's acute symptoms.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK