Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie

Post Thanks / Like

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Bonnie is so blessed to have you in her life and you are just as blessed to have been touched by this sweet lady. Thoughts are with you today as you may have to make some difficult decisions.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sallymum View Post
    Bonnie is on Lasic and vetmedin. Last time i was there about 2 weeks ago with the cough he said we were running out of options.
    Heard that of Izzy, who went on for 18 more months. His cough, brought on by exertion, didn't really bother him and his most obvious problem was rapid breathing, but except for two flare ups during hot weather , when he got Vetmedin, then more Vetmedin, this didn't bother him either. I took him to the vet twice , expecting the worst and being given a second chancd, so I dearly hope it's the same for you.

Monty's cough (more today, actually) is first thing, brief and doesn't bother him at all.

Monty is on Fortekor and Frusemide. Izzy was on Fortekor, then Fortekor with Vetmedin and eventually with Frusemide, as he had little fluid buildup, until his last months.

Monty has coughed a couple of extra times today, but I notice that the atmosphere has changed. A change whether good to bad or vice versa weather, always affected Izzy and a friend's poodle. When Izzy got to needing Frusemide, I used to increase his dose for a few days, if his symptoms lasted more than 24 hours. The vet said this was the thing to do, as he was taking a dose well below the safety level.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Just wondering how Bonnie is doing. Hope she got on well at the Vets
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you both
    Elaine and Cody

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you Mary, lots of love
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thinking of you. Sending positive vibes across the ocean.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

My poodle, Chloe (my screen name is after her) is my only pet to have ever gone to the bridge naturally. She had this same cough you're talking about for about 6 months before she passed. One night, we took all three of the dogs for a walk and she was in her carrier (she could no longer walk any distance) but loved to go. When we got back home, I set her carrier on the porch and held her while my hubby and I rocked and watched the world go by. Suddenly she let out a scream and had a heart attack right there on my lap. It was crazy, but I was so glad I didn't have to put her down I don't think I could have done it. She was my *special* one. I feel for you- this is never easy....it's so hard to be the judge of when the right time is. Good luck. I'm thinking about you.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Sallysmum - Your situation brought tears to my eyes especially when you spoke of her progress
    Best wishes to both/all of you how upsetting.
    Chloe92us - Oh my goodness,how awful.
    Last edited by TriTitch; 19th June 2008 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Didnt read Chloes post,needed to acknowledge

Post Thanks / Like

The vet has put bonnie now on Frusemide as well as the others. Also was givin a injection of Frusemide as well to help get rid of the Fluid. Hopefully things will settle down for awhile at least.
    Anyone any ideas to make givin these tablets to Bonnie easier, she can be very sneaky and always seems to now when the tablets are hidden and spits them out.
    Also thanks to everyone for ur advise and good wishes for Bonnie.

Post Thanks / Like

I wrap tablets in ham and they gobble them up!!
    BK