Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Mastocytoma

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default chondrosarcoma

    Hi All,

    The final diagnosis is different to the first one. He has chondrosarcoma, which I understand is a cancer of the cartilage, which it seems is a better prognosis.

    They can operate to remove the tumour, but this will involve removal of a good portion of his face on that side and possibly the removal of his eye, but they will not know that until they commence surgery.

    I am happier about this finding, in that at least they can do something for him. He is on the list for surgery.

    I will keep you all updated.

    Thanks for all your good wishes.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    WI
    Posts
    1,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Best of luck with the upcoming surgery. You and your pup will be in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome!!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    23,998
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Oh, best of luck! I would make the same decision as you. Be sure to let us know how the surgery goes. I know you will get many prayers and supportive wishes from here too.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    8,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Sounds like you've actually gotten some good news...in comparison to what it could have been. My feeling is....if they can get the cancer and have to take some bone, tissue and an eye to do it....then do it. I had no hesitation about Jake's jawbone being removed. He functions just fine without it. We had also discussed the possibility of having to remove his eye as well and I was okay with that as well. If you can save his life and he can still function...by all means do it.

    I saw that he is actually two years not two months. For this to have happened in a two month old was almost too much to take....not that it's any easier in a two year old. My boy's surgery was when he was two years old and he'll be 6 in August. Please keep us posted. I'm sending out prayers for you that a successful surgery resolves the problem.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you all for your thoughts, it is actually good news really.;

    Regards,

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Scotland - east coast
    Posts
    9,946
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    You are being so brave, well done on being able to be optimistic when faced with something which is still pretty horrible

    We are thankful for you that the diagnosis and prognosis are better than orginally anticipated, and like you, in that situation I think I would opt for the surgery, which gives your boy the best chance of a good quality of life.

    |Thinking of you and keeping paws and fingers crossed - please keep us posted.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Cork, Ireland
    Posts
    2,338
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Billy, I am glad to hear that its operable. I would make the same decision in your place. Best of luck with the surgery. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    You and your little one will be in our thoughts. Wishing for the best outcome for you.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •