Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastocytoma

Post Thanks / Like

Default chondrosarcoma

Hi All,

The final diagnosis is different to the first one. He has chondrosarcoma, which I understand is a cancer of the cartilage, which it seems is a better prognosis.

They can operate to remove the tumour, but this will involve removal of a good portion of his face on that side and possibly the removal of his eye, but they will not know that until they commence surgery.

I am happier about this finding, in that at least they can do something for him. He is on the list for surgery.

I will keep you all updated.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck with the upcoming surgery. You and your pup will be in my thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome!!
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh, best of luck! I would make the same decision as you. Be sure to let us know how the surgery goes. I know you will get many prayers and supportive wishes from here too.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you've actually gotten some good news...in comparison to what it could have been. My feeling is....if they can get the cancer and have to take some bone, tissue and an eye to do it....then do it. I had no hesitation about Jake's jawbone being removed. He functions just fine without it. We had also discussed the possibility of having to remove his eye as well and I was okay with that as well. If you can save his life and he can still function...by all means do it.

I saw that he is actually two years not two months. For this to have happened in a two month old was almost too much to take....not that it's any easier in a two year old. My boy's surgery was when he was two years old and he'll be 6 in August. Please keep us posted. I'm sending out prayers for you that a successful surgery resolves the problem.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your thoughts, it is actually good news really.;

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are being so brave, well done on being able to be optimistic when faced with something which is still pretty horrible

We are thankful for you that the diagnosis and prognosis are better than orginally anticipated, and like you, in that situation I think I would opt for the surgery, which gives your boy the best chance of a good quality of life.

|Thinking of you and keeping paws and fingers crossed - please keep us posted.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Billy, I am glad to hear that its operable. I would make the same decision in your place. Best of luck with the surgery. I'll be keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.
    Tanya, Mark and Cleo (Blen Girl Born 5th May 2006)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You and your little one will be in our thoughts. Wishing for the best outcome for you.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)