• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

FDA Warning

I found that extremely disturbing!! I buy treats at Petco regularly. Got an e-mail from a friend this a.m. who bought a box of treats there a while back, got into the car and opened the box, full of bugs!!:eek: This is really going to hurt them in the pocket!

Yuck!!! I buy my cat food there. Thankfully I pour it out of the bag and store it in a plastic container. I sure won't buy anything from them anymore- that is terrible!!! Thanks for the warning.

My son worked at one of our local Petco's for a short time a few years ago. They had problems IN THE STORE with rodents eating into the bags of food on the shelves and food spilling out onto the floor.

Thankfully Petco doesn't sell dogs or cats, but they do sell small rodents, reptiles and birds. My son quit after seeing the poor and indifferent care these creatures received.:-X I don't care if it is a rat or a lizard, if you are going to take on the responsibility of housing any animal, it should be in a clean and humane environment.

Needless to say, that company gets none of our money for ANYTHING.

I have a wonderful "Pet Supply" that sells no animals whatsoever, only top quality kibble, treats and frozen prepared raw and pet supplies. Our Pet Smarts are also clean and I shop there for supplies. Pet Smart is actively involved in rescue adoptions of cats, and they are clean, socialized and well cared for.

I am glad they are publicizing and holding Petco responsible for those poor and unsanitary conditions!!!

Oh how awful! Thanks for posting this warning. I rarely shop there, as there isn't one close to me. Yuck!

Back