• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lawn Pesticides

Gingers Mommy

We just arrived out in the country and let ginger romp around the backyard like usual. When i went to take her for a walk to pee, i noticed on the property there was a sign that says KEEP OFF GRASS FOR 24 HRS- Pesticides applied 6/20/08 @ 2:20pm.
I only saw this After ginger was romping around and chewing on some grass.
She didnt really eat much, and Im not positive if they spray the backyard as well as the front lawns.
What should I be looking out for in Ginger should god forbid she get ill from it?
Im so mad too, because I JUST spoke to the company and told them we wanted the grass sprayed during the week, as we are only out here on the weekends with pets & Children who sit in the grass. They said no problem and made a note of it.
They will be getting an earful tomorrow.

Please let me know what I should do......

Estee, there is a charge, but maybe you'd want to call Animal Poison Control?

888-426-4435

They may be able to help you and tell you if there is anything you need to do, what you should watch out for, etc.. Do you know what the chemical was?

Lani
Thanks, I dont know what the chemical is.....
I read that it was important to make sure they eat and drink plenty of water.
We just fed her and she ate fine, also drinking water. Im going to keep my eye on her and any change in behavior I will call Animal Control asap.
Thanks SO much for the number.
Ive also located Vets in the area just in case.

Well that's really aggravating...especially since you made the request about spraying in advance. Hope everything is okay!!

Update

My sister spoke with the lawn company earlier today. (its a family house) Apparently they Asked her if it was OK to come today to spray, she said that the dog would be out here later today and would that be a problem. They said as long as no one goes on the grass for an hour after the application it should be fine.
We arrived 5 hours after the application so im less worried.
Will still keep my eye out though.

Back