Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something weird is going on with Tybalts fur/skin

Post Thanks / Like

Question Something weird

At r if we can?
    Last edited by nicoles94; 23rd July 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

There's no harm in trying to get a sooner appointment.This is definitely a case for the vet.Could be an allergy to flea bites/food or a skin infection.There does seem to be some scab formation there. Our Daisy I suspect has been bitten by insects and is covered in small welts and scabs but they're healing up now and she's been dosed with frontline in case of ticks.If he's been going through high grass he could have been bitten by insects or biting fleas/ticks....either way a visit to the vet is best and hopefully something can be prescribed to reduce any irritation he has with this.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

That does look very like Teddy's chest and underparts, due to his partly unknown allergies, but he did lick hard and scratch lots.
    Barbara, Monty, Joly and Teddy.

Post Thanks / Like

Id certainly have it checked by the vet, it may be a mite infection. Looks sore to me. Hope you get him sorted soon.
    Karen and the gang

the more people I meet the more I love my dogs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would definitely get an appointment today for him, even if I had to go to a different vet. Please let us know how your little guy is doing and what the vet finds.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

as already said could be an allergy or bites or could be grass seeds. Our previous cav had something whcih looked very similar and was put right by some medication from the vet- so the sooner you get there the quicker it will be sorted I reckon!

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, I'd get him in sooner. Definitely looks like it's inflamed and/or infected. Could be any of the above mentioned cases....alllergies, fleas, mites. But you're right, it's definitely not normal. Let us know how it goes.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Ouchy. Poor thing.

Let us know what you find out from the vet!
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), & Holly (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that looks sore.. poor baby. Some dogs are allergic to chemicals sprayed on grass-- some are even allergic to some types of grass. Being on his legs (only) screams contact dermatitis (unless his eyes, ears etc... are also affected. Mange is another possibility. Hope you find out soon..

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't get him in today, but when I talked to the vet over the phone, he said he sees A LOT of this in the summer and while it's probably just an allergy or contact dermatitis, to move his appointment to Friday. He told me if I wanted to, to give him some Bendaryl to help with any itching, but I think I am going to hold off on that. Tybalt doesn't scratch it or seem to be bothered by it.

Also, a little bit funny. When I told the receptionist that Tybalt was a cavalier, she got all giddy and told me she couldn't wait to see him. She said Tybalt is just but one of a handful of Cavaliers in this area that she knows about. So I told Tybalt that we would have to put on his special, fancy sparkly collar for the visit to impress the ladies at the vet