• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It's a small world after all!

mrsfarmer

I was at the post office yesterday and a neighbor lady came in to mail packages too. As I was visiting with her, I noticed her earings - Blen Cavaliers! I said - hey that's my dog (xcept a tri) - she said that's my dog! I can't believe it! She lives 3 miles (in a rural area, that is a close neighbor) from me and I never knew someone else in my area had a cavalier! We were both excited to hear this! Reba is 2 and the love of her life! I said I know what you mean! Now I just have to take the time to stop over sometime and get a photo of her & Armani!

Earlier this week I took the boys to get their shots at a new vet and found out another farmer in the area also has a tri! I know who he is through my job at the grain elevator. So next time he calls here, I'm going to ask about his cavalier!

In my very rural area, most people have cattle dogs or atleast bigger farm dogs. Very rare is it to find house dogs. And most would have a heart attack knowing what a Cavalier costs. There are no local breeders that I can find. Closest one is 2 hours or more away, and she isn't a "good" breeder. :mad:

It is a small world after all
icon_biggrin.gif

I had a similar experience. I had always assumed that Daisy was one of only about 5 cavaliers in our town, just based on vet comments, my observations, etc. Well, now two different families with Cavaliers, both blenheims like Daisy, have moved into our very own neighborhood. It's fun to go on walks and stop and talk with them. Both of their dogs are kind of afraid of Daisy, though. One will occasionally go up to her and then back off, but the other one, who is a 6 month old female, jumps and pulls as far away from Daisy as she possibly can. I wasn't aware that Daisy was so scary! ;) Daisy wants to play with them so badly, but they just aren't having it. Hopefully they will come around and we can have a doggy play date in our yard someday.

Back