• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just got two cavvies - new to dog ownership!

inoubliable

Hi all! So glad to have found this site!! :)
Recently a friend emailed me to help find a home for two 10 month old male cavalier puppies. No one came forward, so we offered to take them on. We've never owned a dog before, but we are soooo pleased with our new dogs. They are beautiful. Because they're already 10 months old and we are their fourth owner, we're thinking this is why they seem to have behaviour issues already? We are currently trying to train them with a clicker. I have tons of questions and I'm sure I'll be logging in again soon to start asking. :)

KellyAnne

Welcome to the board. Time and patience will get you round the doggie issues. Lots of love an stability and they will be grand.

thanks for the welcome

we haven't found anyone living around us that have one. mostly i see people in the UK have them.

:p Hi and Welcome.

Where abouts do you and your two new Cavaliers live?

We have people from all over the world on this board, so you just might run into one of your neighbors here. :dogwlk:

Welcome to the board! Clicker training is a great way to train -- be sure to keep them separate and do training with each individually though. If these two have always been together I am willing to bet the problem was the common one of taking on two puppies at the same time. People think this will be 'easier' but in fact it is like twin babies -- double the work, not half; and the puppies, left together all the time, can start to pay more attention to each other than their family and if they are never given separate time and training, bad habits develop into problems. Also they are right at adolescence so they tend to be a bit rebellious around now. You will also want to talk to your vet about neutering if you have two intact males.

You also have them at a great age to get them on the right path! :lol: This link has a lot of great advice on managing two dogs.

This site has excellent articles on many aspects of training especially clicker work!

Hi and welcome KellyAnne, isn't funny the way these lovely little dogs bounce into your life and change it for the better,

Back