• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Average amount of food you feed your dog a day thread!!

I am feeding a raw diet. Sonny gets 2% of his ideal body weight in food and Beau who uses more energy gets 3% of his deal body weight in food.

We switch Ruby every 2 bags or so in between Natural Balance Ultra Premium, Innova, and Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken. She eats 1/2 cup in the morning and 1/2 cup in the evening. I will very occasionally add a little wet food on top. She's a big girl...around 22 lbs., but she's tall and looks proportionate. For treats, we give her the following, though not all on a daily basis!: Greenies, Charlee Bear cheese and egg treats, muzzarella sticks, baby carrots, pretty much all fruit except grapes, Old Mother Hubbard treats, plain yogurt- or peanut butter-stuffed Kong (frozen), and these cute little cookies and treats that I got at a gourmet dog shop that she LOVES. She definitely has a lot of variety in her diet, and her tummy handles it well. She just gets really bored with her kibble, so we have to switch it up.

I see you have loads of replys,but Alfs is measuered out with a Royal Canine cup,so he gets 2 feeds per day,am and pm.So he has the correct amount,i also give him small amounts of left over cooked veg.Broculli,carrots,green beans and cabbage.He loves his veg.

Connor gets 1/3 of a cup of Innova in the morning and 1/3 at night. He is 15lbs. We make him sit before we put the food down and say "wait." He waits until we say "ok" before he can eat it. We've always done it that way and it works well. If we say wait, he'll pretty much always sit wherever he is and do it because its a command he is so used to.

Winston gets prey-model raw when I'm home, and grain-free kibble (usually Orijen) + various canned (>= 95% meat) when I'm traveling.

Wt: 16lbs (ideal wt)
Moderately active
Raw days: Small dehydrated salmon or chicken treat in the morning, ~5-6oz RMB in the evening
Travel: 3/8c kibble twice a day plus a small amount of canned (although he's usually a bit "chunky" when I return from a trip, so either they're feeding more than that or I need to instruct them to feed less...)

rubys mom

my rubys on r/c sd at the moment has she had trouble with bladder stones shes on half a cup of the kibble with a table spoon of the tinned mixed in in the morning and the same in the evening shes not aloud any treats at the moment strict instructions by my vet for at least six months has she was in a lot of pain when passing the stones but shes doing great now she sometimes looks like shes starving the poor thing but the vet knows best shes 2yrs and weights 22lbs and is full of life now lol:jump:

Back