• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Its time for another Cavalier Training Day

TKC

We want to know the following from you all

- What day suits?
- What time of day suits?
- What would you like to learn?
- How long would you like the day to last?

Then we can put something together for you all plus the cavaliers that have come to DTI

Reply here

It would suit me if you all came over to the UK and did it near me!! :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great time and post lots of videos.

ooh sounds interesting - as my two have never been to any form of formal training - I'd appreciate any bit of manners that you could teach them! (or train me to teach them :))
Do they already have had to completed your basic training class for this or are novice's welcome?

Hi Tara,

Alfie:paw:, Millie:paw: and Elliot:paw: want to know if they can book in....:jump: Elliot says agility, Alfie says clicker training and Millie just wants cuddles and treats:).

Sat or Sun is good for all of us, any time suits.....:cool:

Sparky would love to come!

We're very busy at the moment with the wedding & everythinig but if we can make it we'd love to come!

This is a taster class for obedience and anything else people would like touched upon. Generally DTI has done some basic obedience and a little agility and even dancing with your dog! We could do clicker, we could talk about grooming, feeding and health, we might get a photographer who could do portraits for those who want them? We can show some different harness models and they'd be there for purchase; etc etc.

You don't need to have done any classes before -- hopefully coming for the day will inspire people to do a full class though as you'll see how fun training is for you and your dog! :)

Mainly it's a big social event for cavaliers with fun training added in. Or vice versa. :lol:

That sounds like so much fun! I would love to go with my two if there is room for us. I think Millie would really enjoy agility (although we have never tried) but Chloe might be a little more hard work.
She is very nervous of strangers, loud noises and any large obstacles that are unfamiliar to her. Im trying to get her comfortable with as many situations as possible inside and outside home - but I think she would definitely benefit from having more interaction in a class type environment.
Any day at all would suit us!

Ok so far we have

- Basic Obedience
- Agility Taster
- Clicker Training Taster
- Cuddles
- Equipment (harnesses)
- Health
- Photographer

So how long do you want it to be (hours)?

Nearly there .... :)

:jump: I'd love to bring my two girlies along. Hopefully my back will stay good :xfngr:

How does it work out if I bring two along? What do I do with one while I'm working with the other? I know that probably sounds like a very STUPID question but my two go everywhere together icon_nwunsure

:rah: I'd love to go to this. Bit of a journey for us but I'm sure it would be worth it. Could only go on sun/mon tho :xfngr:

If you bring more than one dog, then you need to be able to manage them without them being a distraction to the class (eg barking the whole time). This probably means crating one in the car while you work with the other, or having two people there so each has one dog. In the past the cost has been *per dog* as well, so that is one thing to consider too.

If you bring more than one dog, then you need to be able to manage them without them being a distraction to the class (eg barking the whole time). This probably means crating one in the car while you work with the other, or having two people there so each has one dog. In the past the cost has been *per dog* as well, so that is one thing to consider too.

I wouldn't fancy leaving one of them in the car so I guess I'll just take one along.

So Sundays look good then?

Which is better for everyone?

13th July or 20th July

Tara

Just seen this now sounds good, can kids come to watch as well as my 8 yr is always with me with the dogs so i think i would be good for him to see how it works.

Maria (Mimi on the board) says she could possibly come up from Kilkenny on a Sunday to do photo session. :)

Back