• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Insurance

amanda3137

I am the proud mama of 2 6 month old boy cavs. After my cocker spaniel, who had been a beloved member of family for 13 years, passed away several months ago, I knew I would adopt a new fur child. Little did I know that it was going to be a set of twin boys! It has worked out wonderfully! Does anybody have any suggestions for pet insurance? In regards to vet bills, I know the first and last few years of a dog's life is expensive, and want to choose the best insurance for the best value. The problem I am havign is that many if not most of the plans I am viewing (e.g. ASPCA Insurance) have many pre-existing clauses, including those towards pure breds that may not develop the disease for several years (e.g., MVD)! Any recommendations?

We have pet plan. This is their website gopetplan.com. It is one of the few that covers breed specific (genetic) ailments. I don't recommend VPI...had them and didn't care for their coverage. Most plans will not cover a pre-existing condition. I have a friend who is going through an auto-immune issue with her dog and has Pet Plan. She seems to be happy with their customer service.

Thanks!

Actually, that was one of the policies I was interested: priced well, and primarily for the "unexpected." Do you know if it covers MVD and SM?

For now it does. The hope is that as more claims are made they will not change the policy...one can hope.

Hi, I had bought Embrace for my cav. I picked it since it will cover genetic stuff and has long-term continuing care. I can't report yet on how well they pay. I lost my cav. to a very sad accident (you can read my previous posts to see the situation) less than two weeks ago. They are waiting for the vet hospital to sent the bill, so I can't say yet if there will be any problems with them covering everything, but everyone has been very sensitive there at Embrace, and they took over getting the bills from the vet clinic so I don't have to face all of the sad details.
I will post back with the final results of their service and whether or not they pay.
Good luck with your boys!

Back