• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rex has conjunctivitis

Chelle & Rex

I got in from work yesterday and Rex's left eyelid was drooping and his eye was extremely red. Needless to say I paniced and rang the vet straight away and went straight there thinking the worst.

The vet checked him out, examined his eye and put dye in to check for scratches etc. He couldnt see anything behind the eye so he reckons its just conjunctivitis. He gave him eyedrops and a course of tablets and we have to go back in the morning to see how its healing. Its already looking much better this morning.
I think this is definitely one of those weeks I'd rather forget :rolleyes:

The poor little pet - hope he's feeling better soon.

You must be really wishing this week was over. It would make you wonder though where he managed to pick it up from?? :mad:

Hugs from us :flwr::flwr:

You must be really wishing this week was over. It would make you wonder though where he managed to pick it up from?? :mad:

/quote]

Yes I just cant wait for it to end! I have had that thought cross my mind - how would he contract it? He's never had anything like that before. I was too freaked out last night to ask the vet for causes etc but in the morning I plan on asking. It seems a little bit too coincidental to me.....

Absolutely, I dont like to point the finger at all because these things happen - and it could have happened regardless of where he was this week, but as you say it is all a bit coincidental.

Anyway, not to worry - he is getting the proper care for it now, so you should just out the whole episode/week behind you!!

Oh Chelle, what a week you've had. :hug: Hope his eye is better soon, isn't it hard putting drops in.

Conjunctivitis is pretty common -- stress can bring it on. Most dogs would be under some stress when around lots of other dogs and being boarded (that isn't necessarily a bad thing -- in the real world dogs like kids should be able to easily manage some stress, but just as being around lots of people exposes you to a higher risk of colds etc, so being around lots of dogs can expose a dog to some infections). Conjunctivitis is pretty easily cured. I think every cat in my house has had it at least once. :c*t:

So sorry to hear little Rex is unwell..poor little man. What a week for you all!

sorry to hear rex isnt well!! hope the next week is better for you!! you have had a nightmare of a week!!

just a thought.. do you feed raw?
i heard that if raw chicken juice/parts gets in the eye there is a high chance that one will get conjunctivitis. dont really know if this is true, but it is just a thought that i had heard. anyways, there's my 2 cents..
I hope he gets well soon!!

Well Rex is much better now - he has his drops 3 times a day and is looking much better, he's back to his happy self flying around the house :dogwlk:

asto86, I feed dry kibble, no raw food at all.

Thanks everyone for your replies :flwr:

Back