Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: My dog ate my earplugs

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default My dog ate my earplugs

    Last night Maisy took my earplugs off my night table and ate them. I just caught sight of the second one on its way down. They were the foam type that you squeeze down to fit into your ears. Is this an issue or do you think she'll be able to pass them in a bowl movement?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Wisconsin
    Posts
    633
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Maverick chewed some up and they came through fine. Did she chew them or just swallow them?
    Mom to Maverick (3-18-07)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Melissa View Post
    Maverick chewed some up and they came through fine. Did she chew them or just swallow them?
    I saw her chewing the second one but I doubt that she did much damage to it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Portsmouth
    Posts
    786
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i use the same ear plugs and mine have eaten them ....they have all come out
    Cavaliers are like chocolate the more you see the more you want

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    107
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inca View Post
    i use the same ear plugs and mine have eaten them ....they have all come out
    Phew! Great thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Scotland - east coast
    Posts
    9,888
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Keep a careful watch on her, if she starts being lethargic, any diarrhoea or vomiting, I would take her to the vet just in case, this is something that could possibly get stuck.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Posts
    8,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Dylan has eaten a couple before, they came out whole. They are very soft when wet so I assume they wouldn't get stuck but keep an eye. I put mine in a box now.
    ....
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    23,983
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default

    Anything that isn't digestible can cause a blockage so it is really important to monitor a dog after it has eaten anything like this. Usually things will pass thorugh but they don't always. Definitely keep them in a container or out of the way --they may not look tasty to us but dogs will eat an amazing amount of weird things!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    victoria bc
    Posts
    649
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Maggie just ate one off the nightstand. Same thing. I caught her as it was going down. Vet said the same as Karlin. That it could cause blockage. But I'll keep an eye on her for now and hope for the best.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    1,744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oz used to eat my husband's off his nightstand. They were orange and very easy to see in his poop. I finally convinced my hubbie to put them away first thing in the morning.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •