• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My dog ate my earplugs

petcrazyme

Last night Maisy took my earplugs off my night table and ate them. I just caught sight of the second one on its way down. They were the foam type that you squeeze down to fit into your ears. Is this an issue or do you think she'll be able to pass them in a bowl movement?

Maverick chewed some up and they came through fine. Did she chew them or just swallow them?

i use the same ear plugs and mine have eaten them ....they have all come out :)

Keep a careful watch on her, if she starts being lethargic, any diarrhoea or vomiting, I would take her to the vet just in case, this is something that could possibly get stuck.

Dylan has eaten a couple before, they came out whole. They are very soft when wet so I assume they wouldn't get stuck but keep an eye. I put mine in a box now.

Anything that isn't digestible can cause a blockage so it is really important to monitor a dog after it has eaten anything like this. (y) Usually things will pass thorugh but they don't always. Definitely keep them in a container or out of the way --they may not look tasty to us but dogs will eat an amazing amount of weird things!

Maggie just ate one off the nightstand. Same thing. I caught her as it was going down. Vet said the same as Karlin. That it could cause blockage. But I'll keep an eye on her for now and hope for the best.

Oz used to eat my husband's off his nightstand. They were orange and very easy to see in his poop. I finally convinced my hubbie to put them away first thing in the morning.

mine are not orange..theyre white..so im guessing the one that comes out..wont be white any longer ;) now i have to go to grandpdas daycare and say 'hey grandpa.. i am soooo sorry but i needy ou to chek every time'

cross your fingers for me guys! despite a lot of positive results on CT and google..it was not a great night sleep for moi.

positive..shes eating..drinking..pooping lots so far.. :)

It seems like ear plugs are something that dogs like. I wouldn't think others had this happen also. I hope everything will be ok but keep an eye out on what Nikki suggested. Since you know what happened, then you will have an idea of what could be happening. I'm sure everything will be ok.

Haha! Lady LOVES the orange earplugs. She doesn't have a very discerning palate though :rolleyes:. Any time I catch her eating something she shouldn't, I just keep an eye on her for changes in behaviour, but usually it just passes right on through :D. I am more worried when she eats things like a blanket or other fabrics, since the fabric strings could more easily get wrapped up on her insides.

Excellent, a quick rinse and they'll be good as new. :*gh:

Hahahaha

I was talking to my breeder tr other night about it. And she said her dog pooped out orange and pink ones. i gues its pretty common.

Oh I'm just so relieved. I was starting to question my sanity. Did I see it go down? Did I miss it?

Last edited:
Back