• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chewing while I was away...

wildandcrazyguys

Well, I went with my parents and sister on a little mini-vacation and I left my 2, almost 10 month old, cavaliers with my husband...we left on Friday around noon and I received a phone call and my husband asked if I had ever noticed the boys chewing on our dining room chairs. I said no and asked why, he said that they had been chewing on them since I left and I told him to get them some more chew toys out because they were bored and to watch them more carefully. Well, on Saturday I was informed that they had both pooped inside the house (they have only ever done that once and it was because I was slow to picking up on them needing to go out) and he said that Bailey (the one who is very attached to me) was mopping about and acting really sad. Well, I came home to 2 very happy dogs on Sunday and I also found that they had chewed on our molding near their water bowl...I have been with them all day today and they haven't done anything like that..they have happily chewed on their toys and layed in my lap for most of the day...I was wondering if anyone else has had their dog do this? Were they acting out because I was gone?

That was probably their way of protesting you being gone:eek:
Dogs sometimes act weird when the "packleader" is away.
My girl (who is very much MY dog) stopped eating for 5 days when I went on a trip without her.the rest of the family was home incl the other dog:paw:

Hmmmm, do you suppose that hubby was possibly, oh, I don't know.... sleeping on the job?:rolleyes: Well, you know what they say, when the cat's away the "cavaliers" will play.:D

Back