• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No more pain

SUPADOG

We had to say goodbye to our beautiful polo on june 23,at just 5 and half his pain due to sm had become too much so we sent him back to heaven, wer'e i'm sure he came from.He was the sweetest dog we've ever had the priv'lidge to know and we're thankfull for being the ones who he lived with and looked after him during his short life.Now we have the pain of him not being here and it hurts like hell but the thoughts of him being free of pain help to ease it just a little.Run free polo run free we said we'd meet again at the bridge, love you lots.

I am so sorry run free Polo
You were with me to the very end and even after I had "gone" you held me, and as my soul left my body and I looked down and saw you crying, I wanted so much to tell you that I understood. You did this for me.
I tried to tell you in my own way that it was time for me to leave, and I thank you for understanding. No other will take my place, but those I left behind will need your love and affection as I have had.
You still think of me, and there are times you try to hide your tear-filled eyes....but please...be happy and think not of sadness, but of how I made you happy and made you laugh at the funny and smart things I did.
There are no fences in Valhalla, for no one has the desire to "dig out".
There are no thunderstorms in Valhalla, therefore fear is never present.
There are no fights in Valhalla. Everyone is congenial.
There is no hunger. There is no thirst. There is much to explore. Many of us who are older take care of the little ones and guide them. It's fun watching them run with their ears flopping and their curly tails wagging.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Sam)

Last edited:
So sorry to read about the loss of your precious boy. Im sure he is playing happy and painfree with all our cavalier babes at Rainbow Bridge. You did the kindest most loving thing for him. Play happy little lad.*ng*l

So very sorry to read about you little one, treasure the memories that you have as they are very precious, and I hope things get easier for you over the next few days and weeks.

Take care,

Alison.

Hi
How very sad ,i am so sorry i can feel tears in my eyes ,i bet he was a wonderful boy.

Kindest Wishes

Brian

So very sorry to hear this sad news. You were very brave to let him go, it's such a hard thing to do but the most loving, when we know they are no longer happy and comfortable.

He was lucky to have such a wonderful family to care for him, to recognise his symptoms and get him the treatment he needed to help ease the pain.

I know you must feel very raw now, but I'm sure you know that in time that will ease, and you will be left with sadness but also the many happy memories of the time you shared.

Thinking of you.:flwr:

I am so sorry to hear of Apolo's passing :( I hope memories of him will bring you comfort for years to come :lotsaluv:

Run free at the bridge little guy *ng*l

So sorry to hear about Polo. :hug: to you and your family.
Run free and play in the sunshine at Rainbow bridge Polo *ng*l

I am so sorry you have had to say goodbye to Polo. SM is such a cruel disease and it is so unfair that this lovely gentle breed has to deal with such an affliction. It is terrible for both dog and owners. Polo was way too young to leave you. :flwr: You took a brave and kind decision but one that can only have been very difficult for you.

thankyou

Lesley (my wife) and i would like to thanyou for all your kind messages and sympathy for polo,It's been a rollercoaster year with all the ups and downs,but thanks to this site we havn't felt alone Thankyou for your help and advice in previous posts,thanks to this site for the support and information we have gained since looking for information on sm when polo was diagnosed last june without which we would have been very much in the dark.Everybody with a cavalier should visit this site and you can be sure we will tell them when we meet them as it's packed full of information and help and lots of fun things too.I have no doubt that we will soon have to try and find a new baby to share our love with and start a new chapter in our lives as it's just too quiet around here, will keep you posted on that.regards peter and lesley

I've just now seen this post. I am so sorry for your loss. Polo sounds like he was a wonderful boy and it sounds like you did everything you could to keep him comfortable and pain free. Sometimes the best gift we can give our animals is the gift of freedom. And that's what you've given Polo. As you say in your title; no more pain. Rest well Polo and run free at the bridge. You were deeply loved and you will be deeply missed.

Back