• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dottie being spayed this morning

hbmama

I just dropped off my precious girl at the vets for her spay. She happily trotted into the exam room, leaving her grieving mom (aka ME) behind. She has been under anaesthesia twice before (for MRI and a myringotomy for PSOM) and bounced right back, so I know she can handle the meds. However, I am pacing the floor.

I know she will be just fine, but I am so used to my morning routine of coffee, newspaper and warm doggie curled on my lap that I am going through major withdrawals!

I think I will go shopping for her onesie and maybe to a movie or walk on the beach. I can't stand hanging around in the house without those melting eyes looking up at me. I miss my happy little shadow! :(

Hi

Thinking of her pls post all OK when u hear i am sure she will be fine
Rgds
Brian
Poppy , Daisy and Rosie:flwr:

Brian, good thoughts and prayers for little Rosie going in for her spay too!!! WIll be waiting for a full report!!

This has been a very long day. The vet just called and said Dottie came through her spay just fine. He also had to repair a small umbilical hernia and he said that went well too, but her scar will be longer than it would have been otherwise.

I will be picking her up in about an hour or so. My hubby and I will be moving downstairs into the guest room so Dottie won't be tempted to climb the stairs, and also the bedroom slider leads right out into the backyard area if she has to go potty in the night.

I picked up several sizes of onesies that I think will fit her. I wish I had done this before the surgery, tried them on and got her used to them beforehand. Oh well....

I will be sitting here counting the minutes until she is back home.

Back