• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

knotty ears

mumto4

hi

lily keeps getting knots in her ears. even if i brush them every day i'm having to cut chunks out. the woman from the groomers said its when she scratting she tangles her fur with her paws. do you have this trouble? shes going to end up bald if i keep trimming them:eek:

My boys' ears have never gotten too tangled, although Miles does get some small knots that I'm able to brush out...have you tried a detagling conditioner when you bathe her? You could also put a snood on her if there are certain times when she normally scratches...good luck! :flwr:

Freckles was also having this problem, his hair is fine and rather dry on the ears. I used some Chris Christensen's Silk Spirits and finally bought a slicker brush and started using that daily on his ears and his mats every day are gone.

Indy has very fine hair and gets knots constantly. Nothing gets them out, I've resorted to scissors. I also just cut out the rare few that Charlie gets. They have enough excess hair, you never even notice.

someone suggested using the detangler spray like what you get for kids hair but not to sure? has anyone used this?

thanks

Jasper in prone to knotty ears too. I've used the detangler spray on him, it's okay, try and get one with the least smell though.:)

Back