• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

after vacs

cmd123

hi
tess has had her first vacs shes had to start again as shes missed boosters shes 5 years old and the day after she vomited and wont eat is this normal :confused:
thanks

Why did they start all over simply because she missed boosters? If she had her first 1 year booster she wouldn't really need the whole series again. :confused:

Yes some dogs will feel a bit ill after vaccines, just as people sometimes do, too. If it goes on more than 48 hours after, or she seems worse, contact your vet. It may have nothing at all to do with the vaccination, too. Generally anything risky will happen within 30 minutes of a vaccine.

When Truman had his Parvo vaccine he immediately threw up over and over again at the vet's office. The vet eventually gave him a shot of Benedryl and he was much better...I hope Tess feels better soon! :flwr:

Reactions to shots- whether immediate or over the course of hours or days isn't uncommon in cavaliers. This is why I try to break up the vaccinations -- and I tell the vet what I want and when. IF we do lepto, we do it ALONE. WHEN we do Rabies, it is when they are healthy and we do it ALONE. I stay at the vets for an addition half hour to make sure we don't have anaphylactic reaction. I have benedryl, coated aspirin and thuja on hand at home. I never, ever give shots to a dog that isn't 100% healthy. I also don't do any parasite drugs anytime near their shot time. I don't do yearly vaccinations.

Good points -- there's info on vaccines in the Library health section with detail on putting dogs on vet-school recommended three-year booster programmes. (y) Thuja seems to help a lot of dogs with mild reactions such as upset tummies.

Back