• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Horrible Question - Dog Pooh!

TillyTommy

Does anyone know why a dogs pooh would be almost white/greyish/green colour? Also very loose? Hard to say exact colour but its VERY pale and very runny.:( I did try to google it on the internet and it brought up all sorts of odd things but nothing to do with dog pooh:confused:
(Its like a chalk like colour)

Last edited:
The usual advice: you need to see a vet if this continues, and I'd bring in a recent stool sample. Most likely the dog got into something but if so it shouldn't last more than one or two stools. If it is runny, then you should always see a vet after 48 hours. If you are talking about a puppy I'd not even wait, if it last more than 24 hours I'd go to the vet or at least call. Remember, you can ring your vet for free and they will advise -- it is much better to contact a vet for advice than post to a board where the advice may come too late to do anything. (y)

Dogs fed raw diets with meaty bones will have pale stools that can be chalky in texture but they are solid and hard, never runny. White and green sounds like either a health issue or something eaten.

Thanks Karlin - Its Tilly who is so poorly already. We had appointment for vet anyway for a check up Wednesday as they are seeing her every few weeks but i will bring it forward to Monday. After doing so much better on her meds the past two days she is taken a turn downwards:( I have never seen poo that colour so I was really suprised

Last edited:
Has Tilly been eating any bones lately? I was reading online that white chalky poop is caused by eating bones. Who knew? Maybe some of those who feed a BARF diet can assist.

Back