• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

More veterinary drug alerts from FDA

Thanks for this information.

I am going to ask my vets and Geordie's cardiologist if cavaliers having MVD should EVER be given Baytril! I'm fairly certain there are tendons on the heart valves, and it would seem that a drug like this is too risky to give to MVD patients.

Wow, I want to thank you again for posting this info, Frecklesmom. :thnku:

India is returning to the PSOM study at Ohio State University this week, and normally the dogs requiring PSOM surgery are prescribed Baytril for a few weeks following the surgery. I've emailed to request a different antibiotic if she needs the surgery.

On the same trip, we are taking Geordie to the cardio, so hopefully I'll have a little more information when I return.

My Vet uses Baytril often and I will have one more thing to question :huh: I'm wondering about longterm effects :bang: . Being ever vigilant is rewarding but tiresome.

Back