• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

AKC Ch. Construction Puppy!!!

Bruce H

:jump::jump:

Deuce (aka Construction Puppy) became an AKC champion today up in Duluth! He had 13 points and both (actually 3) of his majors. Today he got a 3 point major for his championship. Kris and I are beyond excited! He is our first Bred By Exhibitor champion; it's been a lot of years in coming.

So now Deuce and I share a beer when he gets home, a tradition I started years ago with our first champion Laughing Lazer. Well actually he gets maybe a tablespoon because it's probably not good for him and I don't need an alcoholic dog :D.

When Kris gets home I'll see if we can get a decent picture of him. Otherwise I'll post his show picture when we get it in a couple weeks. So I suppose there will be no living with Deuce now!

:rah: Congratulations What a grand day for you both and of course,Deuce (the awesome dog). He might like a bit of tripe :eek: with his meal as a nice reward for doing his best.

It occurred to me that some of the newer people her may not know the story behind Deuce's nickname "Construction Puppy". From the time Deuce was a puppy, he followed me around and watched me whenever I had a project going in the house. That was when he aquired the nickname Construction Puppy. Although he was more of a supervisor than a worker :D.

Here he is checking my progress when I was remodeling the surround on the fireplace in the living room.
108984470_9df4c6c37a.jpg

A year later he is supervising me when I was re-siding the house
219069385_911c8fcb5d.jpg

And finally, here he is about a year ago, waiting for me to start another project
348019722_7e0c287764.jpg

BTW, Deuce is Anna's son, from her litter in the "5 Months in the Life..." journal. He will be 3 in December.

WOW....Congratulations. He is such a handsome dog. I just love his story. How exciting for you....:rah:

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I always think "contruction puppy" sounds like a puppy working on a building site - I have a little image in my head... tiny puppy with a big hard hat on ad high viz jacket!!!

Well done Bruce!

That is wonderful news!!! I agree, I think Deuce, aka, Construction puppy should have his own little yellow hard hat and an orange reflector vest.:D

Congratulations, Bruce. He is a real beauty. Thank you for that chronicle when he was born. I was just getting ready for my first litter to be born when I found it on the site and found it helpful.

Trysti / Beth

Back