• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

For Pixie-A Poem

brotymo

Your body held against my chest
long auburn ears fanned out in rest.
I look upon you long and deep
your image in my mind to keep,
and blink the tears that blur my view
of my last chance to gaze at you.

I long to feel you stir and wake
and watch you stretch and see you shake
and wag your tail and romp with me
but now you’ve gone where I can’t be.
I plant a kiss upon your head
and place you gently on your bed.

I do not want to lay you down
to dig the red clay Georgia ground
my tears to loose the stubborn dirt
each spade-full filling me with hurt.
But you deserve a proper grave
and my children need to see me brave.

Now one last time I hold you close,
caress your fur and kiss your nose
but your fading warmth says you’re not here
so with a sob and many a tear
reluctantly I lay you down
with part of my heart, in the ground.

Thank you for your loving heart
your gentle soul, your happy bark.
When I, too, go beyond this place
I eagerly will seek your face.
Then I will hold you once again
my precious dog, my loyal friend.

I still miss her so much and wrote this. I know there are a lot of poems that deal with losing a pet, but I just needed to express my sadness in my own words.

Last edited:
That poem was really beautiful. Like many of the others I am tearful and crying for you and Pixie. :hug:

What a beautiful heartfelt tribute to your beloved Pixie.

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. You have expressed what so many of us have been through but couldn't put into words - Thank you.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Awww that's lovely and written from the heart, a beautiful tribute for a beautiful little girl, take care

wow.. that was absolutely beautifully written and really tugged at my heart strings. You guys were so lucky to have each other :lotsaluv::flwr:*ng*l

That was such a beautiful, well-written poem. I started to tear up at my desk while reading it, imagining what you have been through with your little Pixie. She was obviously very loved and was a huge part of your lives. I'm so sorry that you lost her at such a young age; she was lucky to have such a caring family :hug:

Aww thats beautiful. It's obvious that you loved Pixie very much. You must really miss her. Hopefully in time it will get easier for you :hug::hug::hug:

Aw jeez.....sitting here in tears. :cry*ing:That was absolutely beautiful. I hope it helped to write down in words what you've gone through. What a loving tribute.

That was so loving and sweet. Your love of Pixie was so beautifully expressed in that poem. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. :flwr:

Last night was rough

Hi all,
I guess you can tell last night was rough. It was the first night since Pixie died that I have been completely alone (kids at camp this week) and the loss of her and lack of her felt like a fresh wound. That poem was the result.
Thanks for sharing my loss and my poem.
You guys are great.

Tears are shed here too, I can feel the pain of your loss and the joy of loving Pixie, in your words. Pixie was lucky to have been loved so much in her short life. Take care.

OMG you have captured exquisitely in words exactly what many of us have experienced. You are not alone. I cannot read that without crying. I have been there, and I know that someday I will be there again. It is unavoidable when we allow ourselves to love. :cry*ing::hug:*ng*l:lotsaluv:

I want to add:
Your poem is truly lovely and my heart goes out to you. It's beautiful how you have expressed your love for little Pixie. :lotsaluv:

Back