Thread: Baby teeth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Baby teeth

Sparky is now 6 months & he has gotten rid of all his baby teeth apart from his 2 top K9's - should these be gone by now? He appears to have all this adult teeth & has for about the last 4 weeks.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sometimes they can be stubborn. Try giving him some chews to help loosen them. If they don't come out usually the vet will extract them when the dog is neutered. They can cause problems if they don't come out. Jaspar and Leo lost the last of their baby teeth by around 9-10 months. They both retained double incisors for a short while.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Ollie had double incisors for about a month and then all of a sudden they were gone.
    Trisha in Southwest Florida
    Cavaliers: Casey, Ollie, & Winston and usually a foster or two! Cats: Pebbles & Benson

Post Thanks / Like

Ah right so nothing to worry about really at the mo then. Just thought it odd that all of his teeth but these 2 stobborn ones had gone.

He has raw hyde chews every day plus the odd cow ear (lower fat than pigs ears!) & bone so maybe that'll help?
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

My brother's dog (a little yorkshire terrier) has all his adult teeth plus six baby teeth, poor little fella is going in vets soon to have the six baby teeth removed he is around 14 months old.
    Andrea
    Jasper
    21/Dec/05 - 28 August 2014 my best friend, my soulmate
    Gabby 8/Nov/07,
    Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Pixie, as well, had double canines on top for a while, but one day one was gone, and the next day she lost the other. I wouldn't worry just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

When Alfs started to loose his teeth we woild find them on the floor and my daughter told us that we should put them under her pillow for the tooth faries,so we did this,but she was most upset becos the tooth fairy didnt leave him money,for obvious reasons she left doggie biscuits instead,well Ella wasnt impressed.I had to explain that dogs dont need money,but she said she would of spent it on his behalf..