• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Baby teeth

Dublin

Sparky is now 6 months & he has gotten rid of all his baby teeth apart from his 2 top K9's - should these be gone by now? He appears to have all this adult teeth & has for about the last 4 weeks.

Sometimes they can be stubborn. Try giving him some chews to help loosen them. If they don't come out usually the vet will extract them when the dog is neutered. They can cause problems if they don't come out. Jaspar and Leo lost the last of their baby teeth by around 9-10 months. They both retained double incisors for a short while.

Ah right so nothing to worry about really at the mo then. Just thought it odd that all of his teeth but these 2 stobborn ones had gone.

He has raw hyde chews every day plus the odd cow ear (lower fat than pigs ears!) & bone so maybe that'll help?

My brother's dog (a little yorkshire terrier) has all his adult teeth plus six baby teeth, poor little fella is going in vets soon to have the six baby teeth removed he is around 14 months old.

Pixie, as well, had double canines on top for a while, but one day one was gone, and the next day she lost the other. I wouldn't worry just yet. :xfngr:

When Alfs started to loose his teeth we woild find them on the floor and my daughter told us that we should put them under her pillow for the tooth faries,so we did this,but she was most upset becos the tooth fairy didnt leave him money,for obvious reasons she left doggie biscuits instead,well Ella wasnt impressed.I had to explain that dogs dont need money,but she said she would of spent it on his behalf..

Back