• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What is in commercial dog food.....

I don't know what is in the book, but based on what he is saying, it seems obvious he is promoting cooking for your pets. But, there are many free websites with the type of information to help you do this, or feed BARF (bones and raw food) without having to pay for his book (after his lengthy scare tactic webpage)

No Im aware of that! Was just posting it up as the information provided in the clip is interesting.
It is obvious he is promoting his book... and yes, there are many other websites that you can get this information from.

I will admit, it was his site, or another one like it, along with the dog food scare last year that promted me to change foods. I now feed cannidae and really want to see if I can do the whole BARF thing. I am afraid with 3 big dogs, it might be very expensive.

I do feed BARF... although if im away camping or anything then the dogs get some James WellBeloved instead... just easier that way.

My two do really well on the BARF diet and I have a great supplier. For a months supply of meat for my two it is £13, including delivery of all the meat to my door!

I was feeding my dogs BARF before I really found out about all of the above...

I am not good at the whole conversion from pounds to dollars thing (though I know the strength of the dollar sucks right now). We are getting another cavalier in a month and I might go to BARF with the puppy. Right now, having my dog food shipped to my door (which is the cheapest way for me) costs me $80.00 a month to feed my three big dogs. I may go deer hunting this fall just to get a deer or two and freeze it in my deep freezer and feed that for the meat if I go to barf.

On another note, this website has evaluations of many commercial dog foods:
http://animalark.eapps.com/animal/PetFoods.nsf/$$PetFoodsByManu?OpenForm

Going on two dollars to one pound then I pay about $26 a month for my two!
Think the dollar is a tad weaker at the moment though... im not too good with all that conversion either! :rolleyes:

Back