• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What Strange Thing Does Your Cavalier Bark At

Brian M

Hi
Poppys seems to be a CO2 detector in the living room that blinks with a green light once every minute so Poppy lets rip once every minute, plus for all three squirrels in the garden and any real or realistic cartoon animal on TV sets them off barking they even know the animal advert music so if they are not watching and the music comes on they soon are so its quickly TV either turned off or over ,its all great fun though.:lotsaluv:

Brian
Poppy and Daisy and Rosie

Garlic and herb dip is the latest in Chloe's firing line!!
She is our nervous little girl and barks at anything that moves! We are working on the stranger barking as its really terrible if we have any visitors - but she cracked me up last night when we ordered take-out pizza, which arrived with garlic and herb dip inside.
The pizza box was on my lap, and the dip was sitting on the inside of the box - the poor little thing was absolutely FIXATED on the tub of garlic dip and every time it moved (whenever I moved my legs) she started growling and barking like crazy :lol:
I wish I had have got in on camera :D

Overall, Dottie is pretty quiet, but she will answer with a bark or two if she hears the call of the wild (aka another dog barking off in the distance)....She does bounce and bark at the shadow monster though. If she sees her shadow, or anyone elses, she will hop, pounce and bark. It's actually pretty funny when I see her puzzled face looking up at me after she has attacked Mr. Nothing!!

Lucky was going mad this afternoon staring down a monarch butterfly.

He also likes to bark at squirrels and lightening bugs.

Pixie got freaked one day at the Meerkats on Meerkat Manor. The little critters were staring right into the camera and bobbing their heads (Like they do when they are mobbing a snake) and Pixie was convinced they were coming for her! it was hilarious!

She also was scared of her reflection in the glass door. If it was dark out, her reflection looked like another dog outside. First time she noticed it, she ran into the wall trying to get away from it. Then she was growling and staring at it. She'd do it without fail and creep me out when I was in the shower home alone and I'd have to get out dripping wet to make sure someone wasn't in the house.

Last edited:
Gus barks at strangers in the house,the microwave,and at nothing while staring upstairs when I am home alone!
Pippin barks at cats, his reflection in the oven door or window at night,blowing leaves in Autumn.
Dj barks at cats,people going by if he's in the window(actually they all do that),noises and smells carried in the breeze,clothes blowing on the neighbours line...!I could go on and on with things when he's in the garden, inside he's fine.

Not a cav but my parents 10 year old Golden Retriever is terrified of peas!! Once a pea fell off my dads plate & was just sitting there minding it's own bussiness on the arm of the sofa & Muttley went mental barking at it! So we put some peas on the kitchen floor & he did the same thing - was hilarious! (Poor Mut's never was big in the brain dept!!)

Hi
Poppy must have known something cos at 2.30 am this morning the CO2 detector went berserk and started flashing and beeping like mad so Poppy and Daisy went berserk as well as its just above their crates in the lounge.
So everybody was up nice and early i had to go downstairs find some step ladders and a screwdriver and take the battery out so we all went back to sleep at 3.00 am except Dawn who slept on her own downstairs and all the girls joined me upstairs.What fun. :p

Well,Alfs HATES the Meerkats,he goes crazy when they are on the tv,he charges the tv and jumps up at it,i have to turn over.

Leia was asleep on my lap the other day. I had just done the shoping and was after buying a new mop. When she woke up the 1st thing she saw was the mop and she went mad! Her eyes got all big and she was barking and growling at it and wouldnt move off my lap, very funny! wookie barks at everything. . . . i once caught him upstairs, right out on the window ledge barkin down onto the street, dare devil dog! I ggot such a fright when i saw him :eek: And if either of them bark and the other 1 doesnt know what they are barkin at the do it just for the hell of it! :p and both of them bark if they see ANY animal on telly!

Chelsea barks at the doorbell on a cat litter comercial.
Titch barks at a nutty assortment of amusements but does also think that his human granny pressing `go` on her electric wheelchair is a cue to bark madly at an imaginary person ringing the doorbell :lol:

bARKING cAVALIERS!

BINGLEY BARKS AT THE FRONT DOOR BEFORE WE GO FOR WALKS OR AT TIMES WHEN HE FEELS IT NECESSARY TO CORRECT HIS BROTHER'S BEHAVIOR. dARCY ON THE OTHER HAND...HE BARKS AT HORSES AND ZEBRAS ON THE TELEVISION, ANYHING THAT ENTERS THE HOUSE AND ANY FLYING OBJECT (I.E., BIRDS AND BUTTERFLIES) THAT HE CAN NOT REACH!

Well,Alfs HATES the Meerkats,he goes crazy when they are on the tv,he charges the tv and jumps up at it,i have to turn over.
HaHa! Did you see my post about the same thing? I guess they do look like they were gonna get somebody, and their little growls are fierce.

Suki barks at a Jack Russell pup in the adjoining garden but Ralph barks at his own reflection and the reflection of whats playing on TV in the window

Chesney is scared of a battery operated platic toy car ( about the size of your palm), hedgehogs and his own refelction.

Hi
Poppy must have known something cos at 2.30 am this morning the CO2 detector went berserk and started flashing and beeping like mad so Poppy and Daisy went berserk as well as its just above their crates in the lounge.
So everybody was up nice and early i had to go downstairs find some step ladders and a screwdriver and take the battery out so we all went back to sleep at 3.00 am except Dawn who slept on her own downstairs and all the girls joined me upstairs.What fun. :p

Question: You have a CO2 detector but when it goes off you ignore it? Isn't that as bad as not having one at all?

Back