• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How often do you walk your dog???

littlelady

Hi all just wondering how often you all walk your dogs? I take ruby for half hour in the morning and then about 5 we might go for a 2 hour walk everyday, at weekends the eve walk is just an hour. she loves it! when we are not walking ruby has a large garden she can run around in.

I go three/four times a day a walk in the morning and another in the afternoon and one in the evening and a little one last thing at night
---Aileen and the gang (Barney--Jazzie---Sam)

Mine get out for a 45 minute-1 hour walk each evening...unless it's raining when they just won't go!

I also play with them in the garden before I go to work and again in the evening.. and more on weekends.

Last edited:
Well, obviously you don't live in Texas where you would have to walk in 100 degree weather even at night.....unless you get up very early and then it would be in the high 80's. However, Dixie and I do manage about a 40 min. walk each evening. She does love her walks.......

We bring Amie for about 20 mins in the morning, and about 1 hour in the evening. She has only been full vacc'ed up for a week now, so we are easing her into walks.

at the moment becuase rocky is only 5 months its 30mins at 6.45 before i got to school then when i get home i take him to the beach for about 40-60mins everyday

My hubby is the dog walker.Daisy gets a 45 min walk at 7 am and another at about 9.30 pm, It keeps boredom at bay for her and helps her sleep through the morning until I get home from work at lunchtime,and again helps her sleep through the night.If she's lucky and the afternoon is nice she'll get a ramble on the beach and a chase after some seagulls.
Sins

play/walks

Mine get play in the garden before school/work and 45-60 minutes in the evenings - weekends they get more!

We have to be careful though because one has heart murmur and severe arthritis and one has a limit of about 50 minutes - and if you dont take him home by then he will run back to the car by himself!!

We have to watch for the signs with him - he usually stops looks around the nose goes up in the air and he's off!!

Cody has 1 hour every evening with my other 2 dogs on the fields chasing her ball, they [my other 2 ] both like 1 hour in the morning too but Cody doesn't do mornings she'd rather sleep on till they get back, when the treats come out she wakes up just in time to get hers (y)

30-60 minutes, currently in the early morning as it's too hot lately in the day (90sF or 30sC). In the evening, we spend 1-3 hours at the lake.

Winter, it's usually 10-15 minutes in the morning and 30-60 in the late afternoon/early evening. Three hours of walkies a day for a lot of people - maybe I should increase...

Back