• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is Maisy sick?

petcrazyme

Hi Everyone

Maisy has shown no interest in her food for the last day and a half (although she'll quickly gulp down the cat food if she can get to it). She did have a small spit-up in her crate one morning before I noticed she went off her food. Now this morning I've noticed that her breath is bad. Do you think she may be sick or getting sick? ...is bad breath an indicator?

Thanks

Well, as it turns out, Maisy ate her food this morning after all. Also, she isn't acting sickly in any way. Maybe she just had a stomach upset for a bit. I'll see later if her bad breath has gone away.

How old is Maisy? If she is loosing teeth, this will definitely cause bad breath.

Get out! Yes, she is losing teeth. She is now 4 months old and I just noticed yesterday that she is missing two teeth ..maybe more.

Well that would explain it then ...because she sure isn't acting sick.

Btw, why would losing teeth cause bad breath?

Thanks for the information!!

Sore, bloody gums, I would suppose. I had noticed that my guys have off smelling breath when they get their adult teeth. It can't be bad teeth, they haven't had them long enough to get plaque, decay or tartar.

Back