Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: grass eating while walking

Post Thanks / Like

Default grass eating while walking

dose any of your dogs constantly stop to eat grass when out walking rubys just started doing it as soon as she out of the car shes nibbling on the stuff she stops about every 5 mins and has a nibble

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My cavaliers like to nibble grass, but I only allow it in my own back yard. Many people in my area put fertilizer and pesticides on their lawns, and I don't want to risk their health.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Gabby always does this on her walk, Jasper does'nt he just sniffs everything
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

Default rubys mom

im glad to hear its not only ruby doing this as i know eating grass can be a sign of needing to be sick as it helps them do this but shes very healthy and it just worried me a bit i do stop her but shes not daft she runs through it so she can grab a bit little devil i have no worrys her doing it while we are out shes fully vaccinated and we take her in our local woods mainly so i dont think shes in any harm just puzzled me a bit as she heads straight for it

Post Thanks / Like

Ours do this all the time and it's only started in the last few months... I find it really strange as I thought it meant they had a stomach problem but the vet said they are fine...

We have just got back from our holiday and a neighbour chased us on our walk with the dogs because while we were away dog haters in the area had put dog poison all around the places where people are allowed to let their dogs off the lead. It's awful and apparently it's happened before and the only way this gets dscovered is because a poor owner has lost his dog through the poison... This time it's 1 dog but the last time 5 dogs were killed. This is a complete shock and we are now trying to find out what the authorities do about this situation!

I have no idea what the poison is, and how these evil people can do this. We have to keep the dogs off the grass until further notice. So like Cathy says - it can be VERY bad for their health if they eat the grass :-(
    Emma and Renco Harvey & Bella's mum & dad

Post Thanks / Like

Default rubys mom

awww thats awfull wicked people i only take ruby to our local woods near my house lots of people go there so id know if there was ever a problem like that but i know what you mean about letting them eat the grass theres some sad people about these days they need to get a life hope you get it sorted soon so you can enjoy the walks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    When i take my three out on the Wirral Way they transform themselves to three little white sheep that trot alongside me on our walk all munching grass as we merrily go along
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I swear Dottie is part Billy Goat, as she enjoys grazing occasionally in our backyard. I don't allow her to go near anyones lawns on our walks so munching away from home is not permitted. #1, People don't like strange dogs on their grass, and #2, Who knows what people have treated their grass with...it could be toxic.
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Mine eat the grass in our back garden..Pippin is the worst for doing this..I don't let them eat grass when out on walks.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Millie is always chompin on any bit of grass in our garden, but I dont let her when we're out for walks. They have treated a section of one of our local parks for rats and have signs up warning people that there has been poison laid - so Im always cautious when were out.
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx