• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

sudden allergies??

inoubliable

we've had the dogs now for a while and no one has had a problem with allergies. but the last two days we've all been sneezing and sniffling. is it possible to only now be allergic?? i'm hoping not! we've also noticed the dogs sneezing too. maybe they're allergic to us? :lol:
i've heard of dogs having allergies but.....to what? is there doggie benadryl? i guess the family could just be allergic to dust, or pollen or something?

Yes, it is definitely possible for allergies to show up late -- generally it takes a while to begin to react to something (for people) so if someone is allergic to dogs it might well take a while to start to appear. But if everyone is sneezing it sounds more likely to be environmental. An allergist can run tests that will reveal right away of anyone is allergic to dogs.

If you think the dogs have a problem then it would be wise to check them out with a vet. Dogs can have allergies to everything people can have allergies to. They can also get viruses like people. That's why if they are doing a lot of sneezing, it would be a good idea to see the vet.

thanks, Karlin! they have an appointment on Friday morning to get scanned for their microchips, i'll ask the vet then.

Back