Thread: Gassy Cavs?

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Gassy Cavs?

I was wondering this as I am being gassed out by Lola ... Does anyone else's cavs have a gas problem?? What can be done about this?? LOL
    Lisa~Mom to~
    Lola(Blen) Paco(Chi) Sisco Sylvester
    and 2 Beautiful Kids!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

omg! my poor pups are having the gassiest night! the kids are totally grossed out, though, so it's funny. hehe. don't know what caused it, but i'm hoping it's temporary!
    KellyAnne

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would change her food until you find something that agrees with her better. If it's a brand of dog food that comes in several 'flavors' like James Well Beloved or Nature's Variety, you could just try a different flavor.

One of my cavaliers, India, gets terrible gas from Evo; yet my other two cavaliers can eat it. There are so many food choices today that it's relatively easy to determine which foods get along with your dog.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Beyond regular food, one of mine cannot tolerate fresh vegetables late afternoon onward-really gas time with that .
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

As a pup Winston had horrible, clear the room gas on Castor & Pollux puppy food. Unbelievable how much foul-smelling nastiness could come from some a tiny, adorable little thing! Switching food cleared things right up (thank goodness!!!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I had this very same problem with Jato- he could clear the room with his stinky gas. I have switched him to lamb instead of chicken, and he hasn't had any problems so far. Whew! Let's hope it stays that way. lol
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Tess is four months old now and had horrible gas for her first month we had her while she was on natural balance food. We switched her to innova puppy and she is doing awesome! Her breath doesn't even smell like a dog (smells kind of like fresh water--better than mine!) and she has absolutely no gas. Her poops are also great and she loves it! So, I would suggest switching to a different food.