• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

some things never change...

brotymo

Was looking at some old pictures and noticed that years can go by, but some things never change! This is Kaya, my malamute/husky/shepherd cross doing what she does best...being lazy.
soloflex025.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

CUTE!!! That's so funny how they still have the same quirky habits when they grow up :D

That's quite some combination, is she hard work?
it was for quite a while.
If she hadn't been so absolutely adorable, I would have strangled her, I think!
House027.jpg

House002.jpg

She is very smart like a sheperd, but has the malamute/husky tendency to just do what she wants and be aloof, regardless of what you tell her. This was my dilemma for nearly 2 years with her. Training was a disaster for a long time. Now she listens to me, but won't obey a word anyone else tells her (though she loves the kids). She has the protective tendency of the shepherd, and the goofiness of the sled dog in her.
You can see her here about to thrash the other dogs for "mauling" my son.
IMG_5813.jpg

Now she is great, at 5 1/2. She comes inside, lays on her quilt and waits nicely for her treat and after that, she just chills unless she gets a drink of water or wants to be let back outside.

Of her littermates, she is the only one who doesn't try to escape, (thank God for that). One of her littermates took out a window of a house that was very high (bathroom window, head height) to get out of the room they had her in. Another owner had to refence his yard in 6 foot fencing, and another owner/friend of mine just worries all the time. He lives on an island, so there arent too many places his dog can go when it gets out, but he does have to worry about gators and such.

Back