• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Gooey stuff near the eye

Rocky and James

Hey everybody,:)(y)
Sorry for all the questions:confused: im just curious, but is it normal and do your cavaliers have this gooey line just below there eye running down there cheek i have a photo for you to.
P1010125.jpg

I think its whats know as Cavalier tears- regular bathing with cotton wool in warm water should do the trick!

If its a yellowy or green in colour,more than likely an eye infection,trip to the vets is a good idea as it can spread to the oher eye.

I've just got back from vets and asked the same question! He said it's something this breed are prone to and as long as it's not discoloured and/or the eye is red it's nothing to worry about.

thanks guys i thought it was just normal to, but there is a little bit of yellow on the end of it so i think we are going to the vets soon because we believe he has ticks so thank you all

I wet a paper towel for each dog every morning and squeeze most of the water out, and gently wipe their little faces, including under and around the eyes. Then I blot that area dry with a kleenex. They seem happier and more comfortable when their faces are cleaned daily. :flwr:

oh....i no the feeling.
its never ending with lucie!
she had blocked tear ducts....and when they tried flushing them it didnt work.it was like a dead end! seeing vet on mon about anything else we can do..:(
So in the mean time we have to clean them morning and evening.Vet also thinks she has a touch of hayfever too!

Back