• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Forget the morning feed?

chloe92us

Ollie has, lately, been refusing to eat in the mornings. His stomach is growling and he is clearly hungry but will not eat. I put his food down, leave it for 15 mins and pick it back up. I've been wasting a lot of expensive food!

I feed him 1/4 c in the morning, 1/2 c at night with veggies on top. If he gives up the morning entirely, I guess I should then feed him 3/4 c at night. When I put that much food in his bowl, it looks like an enormous amount!

Is he telling me he only wants to eat at night now? I've never had a dog not eat when food is presented, so I'm a little stumped.

My lot do this sometimes as well. I just pick it up like u after 15-20 mins. sorry cant be of any help just let u know ur not alone on this, sometimes i think they can be like humans some just dont like eating in the morning.

Do you only give him veggies at night? Maybe he's refusing to eat it without them? Just a suggestion, I dont know too much about it as ollie would eat anything, anytime :rolleyes: Sorry I'm not much help.

It is probably just too much food. I don't give any of my dogs that much food in a single day -- two of mine only get half that amount. If he isn't eating then he sounds like he doesn't want that additional feed.

well i never eat breakfast. if i eat too soon after i wake up i feel ill maybe your pup is the same. i mean theyre not that different to us:rolleyes:

Armani has been not eating both of his meals also lately. I just mark it up to being too hot and he's not hungry.

I've noticed the exact same thing with Sasha. I give 1/4 cup in the morning which she refuses, and 1/2 cup at around 4:00 pm which she eats. I don't know whether to add the 1/4 cup to the 4 pm feeding or not. Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't.

Should I leave the pm feeding at 1/2 cup and that's it?

It doesn't really matter; try combining both and see if she eats it; if not, just stick with 1/2 cup, or cut back if she starts to gain weight. If you try 1/2 cup and she starts getting thin then add some more food daily. I change the amounts my dogs eat all the time -- I cut back if they are gaining, add some if any are dropping weight due to more activity.

Back