Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Poor Annie had a maggot in her face!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    wales uk
    Posts
    408
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I had another dog a shih tzu and it had the same problem and she died because of it, a very nasty thing!!!
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Essex UK
    Posts
    8,136
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh my goodness, that's horrible, glad you finally got rid of it and hope Annie heals quickly. I hope your vet didn't make you pay for all 4 visits after he missed that.
    ....
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    EEEWWWWW!!! I've never heard of such a thing.
    Thank goodness it's taken care of now, and she will be feeling all better soon.
    Jato - Blenheim, Nov. 2007
    Zoey - Ruby, June 2008

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    9,165
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    OMGoodness, I'm just catching up with this thread.

    How is Annie doing - is she completely recovered yet? I'm so glad your vet figured it out.

    I've heard of kittens having maggots but not dogs. We have wild rabbits in our backyard, in fact they've nested for 2 years now. We put up wire fencing to protect the nests so our dogs will leave them alone. Now I just wish the bunnies wouldn't nest here.

    Hope she's completely back to normal now!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Auburn, IN
    Posts
    260
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon View Post
    OMGoodness, I'm just catching up with this thread.

    How is Annie doing - is she completely recovered yet? I'm so glad your vet figured it out.

    I've heard of kittens having maggots but not dogs. We have wild rabbits in our backyard, in fact they've nested for 2 years now. We put up wire fencing to protect the nests so our dogs will leave them alone. Now I just wish the bunnies wouldn't nest here.

    Hope she's completely back to normal now!
    Hi Cathy!

    Annie's doing much better. The lump below her eye is gone, and her face is healing nicely. She's eating better, and she's just about back to her normal Cavalier self. She'll probably have a scar on her face for a while.

    The vet said this was the first time he had seen one of these in a dog. It mostly happens to rabbits and cats.
    Dave
    "My dog's not spoiled ... I'm just well trained."


  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I've picked my fair share of maggots out of dogs when I was at the emergancy clinic. it's much more common on poor outside dogs. at least it was just the one, and sound like you caught it early. you don't want to know what happens left untreated. I'm glad she's getting better!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •