Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SORTED: Cavalier Mix-Urgent-in TN

Post Thanks / Like

Default SORTED: Cavalier Mix-Urgent-in TN

There is a Cavalier Mix in a Kill shelter in Cleveland County Animal Control-near Chattanooga. A friend of mine spoke with the shelter-- they are a kill shelter- usually euthanizing the pups after 4 or so days. He came in last Tueday, so is lucky to be still be alive. Is there anyone who can get him out? Poor baby!

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11528833
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

OMG, he is beautiful! I am praying that he gets homed... Such a shame that he has ended up there.
    I would drive straight for him if I were in the US
    someone will save him asap
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Someone on Cav Con on way to get him out for fostering
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

He is really beautiful.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frecklesmom View Post
    Someone on Cav Con on way to get him out for fostering
    Fantastic news. I didn't have to worry for too long then!
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

oh, so glad he is being picked up. I was about to call and go get him, though I knew it would be a challenge until he could be found a home until I read further down on the thread. (my malamute doesn't accept other adult dogs, only will accept them if they come into the family as puppies)I am about an hour and a half from Cleveland. He looks very sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear he is sorted now!
    Mam to Millie, Chloe & Rex
    Baby boy Jack (waiting at the bridge) xxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, that was me-- I went to get him--about 5 hours round trip. I couldnt let him be put down. Too tired to write another post, but here is what I posted on another board:

Well, I'm back-- tired and with a headache but I saved a life today! It makes me feel good to have done some good. I drove straight to the vet with him--luckily they stay open til 9 pm. He is there for about an hour and they are going to give him a flea bath (he was loaded with fleas), clip his nails, do vaccinations for Parvo and Distemper and give him the Bordatella vaccine, as I have no vaccine history on him.

Someone onanother board let me know that he was posted last year on PetFinder at this time, too--with the same exact info, but a different ID number. I wonder why in the world he has been turned in twice?? Wonder if he has some really bad behaviors? Guess I will find out in the next few days...

He was in a kennel with about 8 other dogs and when we went back there to get him out, he was wiggling all around and wagging his tail. It appeared as though he got along well with the dogs he was with and he is very friendly. He barely made a peep in his crate on the way home and pottied outside.

The people at the shelter were very nice and thanked me many times for coming all the way from Atlanta to pick him up. It was a very rural area. They were filled to the brim with dogs and puppies but the facility was very clean.

So, I will pick him up in an hour and we will see what happens. I have some people working on trying to find him a foster home or furever home. Someone very graciously offered to pay his vet bills (that's what I was worried about) and the ladies that own the pet supply store (Im a teacher, but having been working at a fabous pet supply store for the summer that specializes in educating people about good nutrition for their pets) are helping with some other things. They are also actively trying to find a home.

A good friend of mine is taking my two Cavs for a few days for me-- I simply couldnt put my two dogs at risk--who knows what this pup has been exposed to at the Shelter!!

I decided to call him Bailey-- he needed a new name!! I will post pics as soon as I can. And, anyone with Atlanta contacts, please ask around for a home for this sweet guy.

I think he is part Cavalier and part Papillon. He has those ears that stick up and a pointy nose but a Cavalier tail with looong feathers. He only weighs 14 lbs and I think he could lose a pound or two so he is small.

Poor guy-- I only paid $10 for him. He had been neutered recently-- still has stitches in.

What a day!
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

Holly, you're fantastic. You did such a great job.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you Holly, you're one in a million.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'