Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Food?

Post Thanks / Like

This has been the hardest part for me owning a cav, ruby came to us on dried food from pets at home it upset her belly, we changed after seeing our vet to royal canine no good for her, i am very intrested in this JWB??? never heard of it!! where do you get it from? i want to feed ruby dried food does it come as dried? at the mo we are feeding her bakers complete chicken raw veg and some raw meat.
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by pippa View Post
    Hi all,

Since royal canin Cavalier 27 food came on the market I have been feeding it to my three,before that they were on royal canin mini adult.

I am now starting to wonder if it is too high in protein, I was thinking of changing to James well beloved. I asked at the pet store where I now get my food (my old pet store stopped being able to get RC cavalier) as they sell both brands but the woman said better to stick to what their on (she feeds RC). I feel RC is a good food but JWB seems more natural,I often give them JWB meat pouches as a treat and they love it!

Any advice /opinions. Going to the pet store later
    The best advice I have seen on dog food is a summary of internet advice put together in one place here: http://www.snoozer-dog-beds.com/Dog%...ndAnalysis.htm

For what it's worth -one of the sources they use is a site called Dog Food Analysis http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ and they recommend changing your pet's food about every 3 months: they claim it avoids food borne allergies (and I do know of people with allergies who follow the same regime -- not eating the same meat 3 times a day for example), provides greater variety in the diet (no one brand has it all), and makes for a less finicky eater.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    i am very intrested in this JWB??? never heard of it!! where do you get it from? i want to feed ruby dried food does it come as dried?
    I had to search around a bit for this..I got it in a pet store fairly local to me.

They stock it in Pet stop superstore..if you have one of those near you. Most large stores stock it. It is dry kibble.

Seems to agree with them all. At the moment I have them on lamb and rice flavour as pippin is allergic to poultry especially chicken. They also do other flavours such as turkey,duck and ocean white fish might try that next.

I won't be using RC cavalier until they have larger bags over here as it is now gone up in price to over 12 euro for a 1 and 1/2 kilo bag! too expensive when you have three dogs. I got a 15 kg bag of JWB for 58 euro!
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    For what it's worth -one of the sources they use is a site called Dog Food Analysis http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ and they recommend changing your pet's food about every 3 months: they claim it avoids food borne allergies (and I do know of people with allergies who follow the same regime -- not eating the same meat 3 times a day for example), provides greater variety in the diet (no one brand has it all), and makes for a less finicky eater.

My vet also told me this -as you said it works for people so why not dogs too.

Pippin has a severe allergy to anything chicken so I have to be careful what I feed him.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so jealous of all of you who can get the RC CKCS where you live! So far it is not available in the states and contacting the company directly was just met with a standard response.

Do any of you know if there is some (affordable) way to order it online and have it shipped?

Or is it not even that big of a deal? Right now I feed RC for small dogs with sensitive stomaches to Franklin and RC puppy to Penny. I'm such a sucker for advertising though, its kind of pathetic
    Franklin - tricolor - m - 6/30/07
    Penelope - blenheim - f - 5/21/08

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

I Rotate between R C cav then Burns with a bit of tuna or boiled coley on top as a taster then Green beans and carrot and broccoli with a squirt of salmon oil .But unfortunately with all the upset tummys for now its Chicken or Turkey with Rice or Egg White till they all recover.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T