Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 10 week old cavalier called Buddy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, we had the same problem when we got ruby i think it was about a week after she came to us, we fed chicken and rice on the advice of my vet, must be very common in this breed! Hope Buddy is better fast.
    Katie, mum to ruby 9 months old

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, thanks for your concern yesterday, Buddy has been seen by the Vet and he has assured us that he is fine, he said its a regular thing with puppies and he has given us medicine to bind him up ( the name escapes me now) he needs it 3 times a day. he also said there is no need to change hos food as this will only upset his stomach more, itherwise he was happy with him and he is due back next wed for his 3/3 vaccs
    I am trying to attach a photo but have had no luck so far, it in my album .....i'll keep trying

Post Thanks / Like

just trying the photo thing

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh probably something to settle his stomach; that's good. I agree that I woudn't change his food or only do so gradually but really, Burns is an excellent food if you can get it easily.

There are directions on how to post photos pinned in the Getting Started section and at the top of the main gallery. You cannot upload or post them from your photo album here, you have to post to a public site and link to the image (eg Photobucket or Flickr).
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

yeah, my photo is up
    Thanks Karlin, my local vet stocks Burns food so its great

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I hope your puppy is fine. Pixie was suffering the same thing about 4 days after coming home, but the vet could find nothing to cause it, no parasites, tested negative for parvo, etc. There was bright red blood and very soft stools. She was put on a bland diet for a few days and it cleared up. Apparently sensitive tummys are common in the breed.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear Buddy is ok, it is amazing how quick you get attached to the little guys, I am sure he will be back to normal in no time
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)