Thread: Snotty Nose??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Snotty Nose??

Heidi has a snotty nose.... well only 1 nostral

is this normal??

She is perfectly ok in every other was, she's eating drinking playing as normal, only other thing i've noticed is she's sneezing a little.

Does she have a cold?? it that possible in dogs??
    Heather, proud to be owned by Harry & Heidi

Post Thanks / Like

My ruby, Madison (4 years old) just went through this! She had a runny vs a snotty nose and sneezed a bit in the morning. In the afternoon she suddenly began sneezing almost constantly and I noticed she was sneezing blood. Needless to say, we took an emergency trip to the vet (5 minutes away) during which she sneezed the entire time. By the time we got in the examining room (they took us right away) the vet could see something in her nostril. She grabbed it with a hemostat - it was a 5 inch long blade of grass! Something to check out if Heidi doesn't get better. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Bev, along with Oliver (7 yr old blenheim) , Riley (5 yr old - bl & tan) , Madison (4 yr old ruby) , and Oz (1 yr old tri)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Call your vet!

No, it isn't normal. It sounds like she could have anything from a virus to kennel cough to chronic allergies to something lodged in her nose. It should be discussed with a vet.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

she isn't sneezing alot, maybe 3/4 sneezes in the moring, she doesn't sneeze during the day.
    and it's only the one nostral, not a runny nose but dry snot (i know doesn't sound nice)

She was in kennels 2 months ago but had had the kennel cough vaccine before going in.

just looked at her nose and it's clear this morning, but if it continues over the weekend i'll take her to the vets on monday
    Heather, proud to be owned by Harry & Heidi