• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Snotty Nose??

Harry & Heidi's mom

Heidi has a snotty nose.... well only 1 nostral

is this normal??

She is perfectly ok in every other was, she's eating drinking playing as normal, only other thing i've noticed is she's sneezing a little.

Does she have a cold?? it that possible in dogs??

My ruby, Madison (4 years old) just went through this! She had a runny vs a snotty nose and sneezed a bit in the morning. In the afternoon she suddenly began sneezing almost constantly and I noticed she was sneezing blood. Needless to say, we took an emergency trip to the vet (5 minutes away) during which she sneezed the entire time. By the time we got in the examining room (they took us right away) the vet could see something in her nostril. She grabbed it with a hemostat - it was a 5 inch long blade of grass! Something to check out if Heidi doesn't get better. Hope it turns out to be nothing.

Bev, along with Oliver (7 yr old blenheim) :paw:, Riley (5 yr old - bl & tan) :paw:, Madison (4 yr old ruby) :paw:, and Oz (1 yr old tri) :paw:

Call your vet! (y)

No, it isn't normal. It sounds like she could have anything from a virus to kennel cough to chronic allergies to something lodged in her nose. It should be discussed with a vet.

she isn't sneezing alot, maybe 3/4 sneezes in the moring, she doesn't sneeze during the day.
and it's only the one nostral, not a runny nose but dry snot (i know doesn't sound nice)

She was in kennels 2 months ago but had had the kennel cough vaccine before going in.

just looked at her nose and it's clear this morning, but if it continues over the weekend i'll take her to the vets on monday

Back