• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Heidi has been diagnosed with Pyometria

Concentrate good healing thoughts to that part of Ireland, everybody! We want Heidi through today with steady improvement and then back home asap. :flwr:

Heidi was up and walking around with the vet and had a wee. Apparently thats good news .
She's still on the critical list , so keep the cavalier good wishes coming .
I'm going to see her later the vet suggested we come for a little visit .
Will post later to give everyone an update .
Thank you everyone for the support and wishes for a speedy recovery .
Mimi

Oh I'm so glad to hear that little Heidi is making progress :xfngr: she goes from strength to strength.

Hope you have a good visit with her. I know it will be an emotional one so please know that we are all sending positive healing thoughts to your little girl and hope she has a good day and night :hug:

I've been watching for news all day. :flwr: Thanks for the update and that sounds very good. Continued healing thoughts for Heidi!

Sending lots of positive healing thoughts and praying for your little Heidi:flwr:, so glad to hear she is through her surgery:flwr:

So glad she is on the mend ..more positive thoughts coming your way from the cavalier gang here.

I've been checking in every now and then to see how she's doing. Glad she's up and about and able to wee. (y)

This thread just caught my eye. Wishing Heidi a quick recovery and back to her normal cuddly self.:flwr:

Hi ,
Had a hospital visit with Heidi , wagging her tail and licking our fingers through the cage .
Very tired still , but delighted to see us .
She is a bit swollen from fluid intake from drip , so waiting for the vet to call after nine to give us an update .
She had a couple of her favorite bikkies (scallywags) and about 3 mouthfulls of Ceaser her treat dinner for special occasions .
Vet says the next 24 hours will tell alot , she's still not out of the woods .
Thanks to all the Cavaliers with their paws crossed for Heidi .
mimi

So good that she was able to express her pleasure at seeing you. That seems like a good sign. I've heard the edema is pretty normal and common. If it is only fluid from IV and not infection, it will resolve once the IV drip is stopped. How long do they think she will need to stay if she keeps improving?

Lucky is sitting her sound asleep beside me with his paws crossed for a full & speedy recovery for Heidi. Hope the call you get from the vet is good news. Please keep us updated & we're sending lots of postive healing thoughts for Heidi from across the pond!

That must have been a huge relief to see. Hoping her recovery continues all day today. The fact that she is up and eating is very good. :xfngr:

Hi ,
The Vet phoned about 10.30 last night to tell us he has been checking in on Heidi . He had her in his arms and she had a full packet of Ceaser from a spoon . ( sounds about right )
He said they fluid IV she was on was causing the swelling as they give it in the skin not sure of the medical term . He was happy with her progress yesterday .
Hopefully we'll have her home tuesday at the latest .
mimi

The boys and I send bigs hugs to you and Heidi. We hope she recovers quickly and is back to her old self soon.:paw:

Hi ,
Just back from a visit , we got a phonecall after 11 am from the Vet to ask us would we like to come see her while the animals were being fed and cleaned out this morning .
What a different doggie to yesterday . We got to bring her out for a little walk she did her pooh's the first since the surgery and had a little to eat . She's soooo much better .
The vet says she will be coming home tomorrow .Yippee .
I now need advice on what to prepare to make her comfortable at home .
Mimi

:jump: Mimi, that's WONDERRFUL NEWS :jump:

I'd say, just keep her quiet for a while; no jumping up or down off anything etc. I'm sure your Vet (well done Vet :hug:) will give you the best advice as regards Heidi's post op care.

Oh I am so happy that she is coming home to you tomorrow - bet you can't wait!!

:lotsaluv:

Back