• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anal Glands and Bran

Ciren

have been advised to give Peaches bran to help keep her glands clear. Does anyone else do this? how much and what sort, would kellogs be alright?

possibly daft questions but i want to be sure and i was to busy thinking how proud i was she had lost a little bit of weight that i forgot to ask :D

I was told to get the rabbit bran and mix that in with dogs dinner but I'm having a job getting it in my pet shop as the owner said all the bran is in a complete mix now and you can't buy bran on it's own, Ive just had Cody's and Sophie's glands done this week at the vet's so l want to try this

Not All Bran, it has sugar. It has to be the plain rough bran - easy to get loose in a Health Food shop. Our local 'weigh' shop sells it loose too. Just a teaspoon or two mixed in with the food so that it is not fed dry.

I use All Bran (buds) made with Psyllium. Chickabee always had a little leakage but does not with this. The Cavaliers have good stools but still have glands full every 3 months. But-want to try that "rough bran"-sounds very good. Bran buds does have sugar in it. BTW have tried raw veggies, pumpkin,etc. without getting empty glands.

You can buy bags of bran from health food shops, I get mine from Holland and Barrett. I've been adding bran to my girls food for several months, as her glands fill up so quickly and need emptying so often. I've got to say that there hasn't been a huge improvement with the bran, however I still keep adding it in the hope that it may be making a tiny bit of difference.:)

Bran and Glands

My Cocker's glands are terrible for becoming compacted - I use "Shredded Wheat", give all the dogs one of the biscuits (the big/original ones) every morning and there has been a great improvement. They tend to drain themselves now (when he goes to the toilet) so we have much less carpet scooting!

i got a bag of oatbran from the shops and gave it to her with pate. she enjoyed it so fingers crossed it helps.

Back