• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Casey itching after vacation

chloe92us

Hi all, Since we returned from our mountain adventure, Casey has been chewing and scratching like crazy. Is it possible for dogs to get any weird bugs that you can't see with your eye? Or possibly she got into some poison ivy although there is no rash. Any thoughts? We're not used to being in the woods, so I have little experience with this stuff. I gave her an oatmeal bath and sprayed some itch relief spray on the areas she seems to be bothered by, so we'll see if things improve. If not, we'll be off to the vet on Monday.

Thanks!

Sure: ticks, fleas, an allergic reaction to some type of grass, lots of things. Sounds like she picked up something -- I'd at least call your vet for advice.

Back